Friday, April 19, 2013

The Cup Song + songwriting

After seeing Carrie Fletcher's take on the cup song (a mashup containing many different songs), I decided to do my own:


And I gotta say, I'm quite proud of it. I had a lot of fun arranging it, and I'm happy with my final product.

So please, check it out. Or not, I'm not forcing you.

One day I hope to record my own songs/covers and put them on YouTube with little music videos a la Alex Goot/Boyce Avenue/other YouTube musicians. That, my friends, is my dream.

Wahoo, I have a dream! *insert Abba/Martin Luther King reference*

Next year in my final year of high school, I'll be doing a music subject called individual study. This will allow me to work on my songwriting/videomaking dream, which I'm very excited about. So you'll be hearing all about my music-making shiz next year. 

Of course, I'll still try and make time this year to work on it. It'll be difficult, given the demands of school this year, but I'll do my very best.

In the past I've written about 10 songs, none of which are extraordinary. In fact, most of them are quite hastily put together little ditties. However, they're still stepping stones in the process. I might come back to them and try to rework and improve them.

Note to all songwriters (and any other artist for that matter):
The very first things you put on the page? They don't have to be gold. Really they might be a lump of coal. It can take a few (or many) drafts to get your desired product. So don't give up.

Look at me pretending like I know stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment